Gates continues to share his enthusiasm and sweetness with us all. At afternoon naptime I enjoy spending cuddle time with Gates as we quiet down in preparation. Gates will stretch his leg up for me to massage and I do then I play, "This Little Piggie" with his foot. Then he offers the other leg and watches me intently smiling everytime I reach the last little piggie and giggling when I run my hand from his toe all the way up to tickle his neck. This afternoon we made a short trip out for some bottled water for Gates's formula supplements and more vitamins. When we were driving back we said, "Time to go home!" Then when we pulled into the neighborhood we passed the familiar houses and said, "We're almost home!" Next we walked into the house and said, "Yay, we're home!" we played these games with all of our children. You know, to encourage vocabulary and an awareness that home is special to them not just another place. Well, before nap time when I got to the last little piggy pinkie toe I said, "and this little piggie... then I caught a serious look in his eyes instead of the usual playfulness and I stopped. I am not exagerrating when I say he took my hand and kissed it with open lips like a baby would and he said clearly, "Home."
Once he was asleep. I had to come tell you all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
SO sweet, Karrie!!! Home!!! Where he needs to be :) What a special first word!
Your pics look like he's settling right in and becoming very comfortable here!!!
Awww, what a great story. What a sweet child. It touches my heart that he has a home and a loving family.
Sweetness! Is this his first word? oh how much that simple word means...thank you for sharing.
I am so incredibly excited that he is indeed home for good.
Post a Comment