I thought I would just share my Social Worker Update information with you this morning, love y'all.
Spatial orientation is improving:
He will go around an obstacle such as the swing set or lawn chair when running through the backyard in time to avoid colliding with it. While pulling a wagon he can now maneuver it away from something he ran into - successfully - on his own after being shown how to pull it to one side or back it up in this scenario. He continues to reposition the wheels with calm determination rather than hurl himself to the ground in hysterics. He will make the target of his pillow when launching himself onto it. He can successfully jump from his bed to his brother's bed and back again across the two foot gap. (I'm sharing what I've observed, not always what I've initiated. Smile.)
Development of New Skills:
He can now replace a book or dvd case without pulling others out to make room for it. He can get the entire shovel full of dirt into the back of his Tonka truck rather than focusing on this task and dumping the dirt a foot from his mark. He can now stand his sippy cup vertically onto the table top on his own. Before he would lay it on it's side.
Emotional Personal Interaction:
He is allowing his Brother into his peripheral and immediate space without conflict several times a day, without Paul or I ushering him in. He brought a toy to his Brother yesterday and kissed him. Understandably, Brother flinched.
We've observed that Gates enjoys outings and being outdoors so much that these are his best 'teachable' moments. This morning was a great example of this. Paul was coaching Gates to give him a bye-bye hug before he left for work. Gates was already annoyed about (oh who knows, fill in the blank here, (laugh)) So he gave Dad the cold shoulder. Because Paul had a later run this morning he didn't leave until 9am so he got to say good bye to the boys outside, as we all remember 9am is outside time, Daddy carried Gates outside and said "Bye-bye." Gates looked at Paul took his face in both hands and kissed him on the mouth! Too cute!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment