Friday, July 31, 2009

Rainy day at home.

The Boys are still down for their afternoon nap. I think the distant thunder and gray skies is making them less interested in climbing out from under their comforters. Gates is having a 'one step back' day. He's hit and scratched a couple of times this morning and he hasn't done that in more than a week. Bridger just turned around after Gates came at him from the back, picked Gates up carefully under his arms and deposited him right into the time in chair next to Mamma and looked at his brother saying firmly, "Two minutes." Gates whined and rolled around in the chair and Bridger was intentional about watching the second hand on the kitchen clock and encouraging him, "One more minute Gates." then "Fifteen more seconds" I watched fascinated as Big Brother walked over to the chair then picked Gates back up kissing him on the head and said, "I forgive you." Then Bridger tripped on a toy and Gates almost fell. Bridger laughed and Gates laughed too and they were right back to playing again. Seriously, women should be more like guys." I was really proud that even at this young age Bridger chose to correct Gates calmly rather than retaliate with a slug of his own. A little while later Bridge commented, "It's not as much fun as I thought it would be to punnish him. I smiled gently at him and commended him for his compassion. My sweet Boy.

No comments: