Parenting is constant. It has a begining but no end. Every once in a while you think about a time out though. For me, it's not that I need a break. A break implies down time and reflection. I've never found reflecting on my limitations to be helpful. It's just that occasionally I've become very aware that I'm not prepared for this.
Oh sure, you raise babies into adults and you cook billions of meals and find hundreds of pairs of shoes and set up and tear down scores of birthday parties. You take parenting classes and complete decades of required reading and that lays a kind of preparation for your mind. But what about your heart? As often as my heart beats I think of my kids. I want to do everything I can for them. I like knowing that God does that too, You know the difference between me and God? Yeah. I'm not God.
I can't make this closing deal for my sweet Daughter and Son in Law happen for them in their new house. Yet another hurdle on this twisting track for them yesterday. Paul and I would love to fix it! Bridger and Gates are adjusting great, by all standards of measurement they are experiencing a textbook adjustment phase together. Six time in's before eleven am today. 3 to 3. At this point they are banding together against Mom. It's progress for Butch and Sundance but it's double time for Mamma! lol
We'll all get through it by the grace of God! The best part of 'through' is once you get there... you KNOW it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment