Friday, July 31, 2009

Thanks from Paul.

From Paul:

God did this. He brought Gates home! Thank you for your prayers. During my time in China I was convinced God would get me through the checkpoints, thermoscans and terrifying cab ride to complete my mission... to rescue my Son.

First time I saw his face I saw someone just barely 'holding on'. He was so cute, so precious. I could see under the surface that he would have a great smile. He had that determined look like, "I know you are out there and I'm tired of waiting for you to get here." I prayed this prayer for him every day, "God keep his mind and body protected from abuse that his heart would stay soft enough to love, that his experiences wouldn't harden his heart to the point of no return." That happens, where kids who have been in orphanage this long, 'disconnect'. They just give up inside unable to endure.

Now I know Gates has an awesome smile. I think he has a good sense of humor. He has a strong will and an attitude that's much bigger than he is. He has grabbed my face in both hands and turned my head to something he was pointing at in frustration with the language barrier. I laugh at him a lot. He is very loving and obviously compassionate. He wants to live large and I really appreciate that about him. He's not waiting anymore. He's my Son and I'd do anything for him. I guess you knew that already. Your support means a lot. Thanks Everybody!

So, Here we are at the finnish line together. In another way we're just getting started!


This victory belongs to all of us but the GLORY BELONGS TO GOD!

Take care. Love Jesus. Look out for your families and reach out anyway you can to the hurting and lonely people God brings into your path. I know that's how you guys are by the way you loved this child with us.

Bye for now, Paul Rudd (Father Forever to Chari, Aimee, Bridger and Gates!)

No comments: