Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Forever Family. It's Crucial.

Please pray. Mamma is holding tight with a grip of life. Can it be that he will actually come home?! I'm feeling sick and shaky but I'm so aware of the forcefield of love between me and fear! Thank you Lord. Our eldest daughter, Chari, flew out this morning in order to meet them in Los Angeles tonight! She will render aid, fresh clothing and meds while lovingly leading her exhausted Father and baby brother through the last two domestic flights and layovers bringing them home! We are so thankful for her compassion in doing this and for the ones reading this blog who specifically funded her tickets for this mission of mercy!

Bridger has been doing an outstanding job! God's favor is evident in keeping his little heart.

After the first time on the phone with Dad he threw the telephone hard into the wall and broke it. Anytime he has been mildly corrected he says, "You think I'm just stupid and Daddy is mad at me." (I let him watch one Charlie Brown at Christmas time and the word, 'stupid' has been lingering ever since, thanks Lucy). I noticed him pouting earlier. When I asked him what he is thinking about he said, "Gates is Gone and Daddy is Gone and now Chari is Gone. I'm all alone." Me and Sister Aimee, Grandma and Brian are all here but as each one travels away Bridger feels it very personally and very deeply.

For those of you who are new to our family, Bridger was moved eight times in his first six months of life while still in Korea. His needs were too much for the foster families and the poor baby would wake up and never see the people he was with again, over and over. Along with the loss of she who ushered him into this world, that root of rejection runs deep. But God is delivering him into new freedom and perceived safety with us. You can imagine though, that circumstances like this are especially difficult for kids like Bridge. He ADORES his Daddy and has never spent more than one night away from him. The last few days he would come into the room while we were skyping and say, "Hi Dad." and walk out.

After Bridger ate his cereal and strawberries we went to the fridge to mark off the day on the calendar. Bridger said what he always says, "It's daytime here and it's night time in China." I exclaimed, "Look Bridge. Only one more day, one more sleep and everybody will be back home... even Gates." Bridger looked at me with deep anquish in his eyes and said, "Forever. Right?"

2 comments:

Ohilda said...

What a journey this has been, but God is faithful and will bring you all through to the end. Gates is just precious! I look forward to seeing him running around with Bridger.

Hugs!

Addie Talley, Photographer said...

How heartbreaking for Bridger, but God is good, and your family is forever... I cant wait to hear the update on when he sees his daddy and Gates!

(adoption blog under our profile)