Begining of a new week. Sunday, the first day of the week. I'm so glad we spend it together. This morning Paul left early to do his security thing first service and enjoy his time with God and the Congregation. He gets an even earlier start to enjoy some Daddy/Son time with Bridge and dual bowls of Captain Crunch along with some deep four year old table conversation.
At the end of first service Mom brings child to Daddy and happily goes in for second service. More Daddy time for the little guy and some much anticipated worship and learning time for Mamma. Beautiful time in church and as always, I was strongly impacted by Pastor Matt's enthusiastic leadership through the powerful words of God our Savior. He referenced the scriptures and challenged us to remember that God is speaking to us... are we listening?
After Church, the guys picked up Aimee and I. On arriving home we ladies made a quick change and headed out for some 'us' time along with a light lunch and some not so deep conversation. When we returned a little while later it was nap time so I sang Bridger to sleep and slipped out for a little walk on the beach and a sweet tea with Paul. Aimee and Grandma were on hand for our sleeping prince.
The pelicans were flying high and the surf was rough. It was just so big and dramatic on the Gulf of Mexico this afternoon. The water seemed to be churning and the winds were gusty at times. For me the beach is always beautiful but I longed to just listen and listen and listen. Paul and I walked, held hands, talked a little... not much though there is just so much more communication going on in the quiet places these days:-) I guess that's why the message of God speaking was so personal to me this morning. As you may recall from earlier posts, I've been asking God to make his voice louder inside me so that I can't get led astray in my thoughts or heart during this intense time of opportunity in my life. So, we walked and hug out together with no real agenda.
After about ten minutes somebody walked across our path. We stood and watched as this well dressed man with an expensive hair cut staggered under the power of too much sun and alcohol toward the water. We watched him walk into the water up to his knees and sit down, then Paul said, "Don't make me save your life or something Buddy." So we stayed and watched him take off his sandals under the surface of the water then hold them up over his head as if to keep them dry.
I prayed for the glory of his testimony one day soon and Paul stepped closer to render aid. He seemed to notice us at last and stood up. He walk up out of the water and began to walk up the beach again, we hope to his hotel.
Paul and I talked about how much need there is here for Jesus and how much opportunity we all have to help someone who needs help... even if they don't know it yet. I'm so glad God saw me far off in my need for him and stopped to keep me from drowning. We made him save our lives because we got ourselves into a sinful condition that we couldn't escape. Like an idiot I held by own head up in knee deep water thinking I was taking care of myself. God knew better. He always knows better. He knows where the safety is and where the threat is and I trust him to look out for us as we head into the unknown... again this week.
News of travel is expected at any time. Gates's blankie and little toy truck is packed along with airplane projects to play with inside his blue Elmo back pack carry on. Hope is alive in Christ and
I face this week grateful for the love, family, future and eternity that God has offered me. He is able.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment