Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Another Day Closer. I choose hope.

I am determined to believe. Funny thing about the word determined. You see 'deter' which obviously is defined as a distraction or redirection and mine which is pretty clear. Hmmm would that be like a digging down deep mine or an all about me mine? Let's look at it both ways. I need to redirect my search to deeper places in order to be determined. Or, I need to distract myself from what I want in order to press on, letting my will fall away as I strive for the goal that God has for me in this experience. I recognize that I will probably see that goal more clearly as I get closer to it... unless I'm already there? I can't understand God and no one can explain him to me and he won't explain himself so what's left? Faith. Trust. Love. Mercy. I can't get out of the place I'm in but rather than spend too much thought on my inability to control anything (ever) I can focus on doing this better right where I am. Today God's promises are true and His mercy for me is brand new. I can do today better than I did yesterday and by God, I can do tomorrow better than today. Living Hope. Living is an active response to life not just a byproduct of it. Hope is an inward revelation of a desired and yet invisible conclusion. My life and hope are in the Lord himself and circumstances never change that. Not ever. Today I'm living hope, not searching for it and not longing for it. It's a good day! Gates is another day closer to home!

No comments: