Saturday, April 18, 2009

Cars Washed Family Tired:-)

Hi all,

Me, Paul, Chari, Aimee, Brian and Bridger were the only steady workers but we had some enthusiastic 11 year olds who dove right in for a few cars each too! Little Marie and Brynna S. both of their lives have been touched by international love one way or another and we were thrilled to have them with us for a time! One Dad and his son were waiting for a ball game to start at the field around the corner. He shared that his son had arrived home from Russia and when the two of them saw our sign, "Adoption Fundraiser" they wanted to stop. I was telling him that when our LOA arrived the other day that our address was wrong on it and the Fed Ex driver had to search all around to get it to us. She was so happy when she realized that all that extra effort had been to deliver adoption paperwork. She exclaimed, "I'm Mother to a child from Russia! When I was awaiting my paperwork I would show up early going through all the bins to search for it!" Small world huh.

We had almost twenty cars and the total of funds raised was $352. The precious two dollars was donated by one of Gates's most devoted prayer warriors young Drew K. At six years old he prays wholeheartedly for Gates every single day along with his older Brother Will K. who understands how brothers help brothers.

1 comment:

Ellie said...

That's so sweet, Karrie! I love the story of the little six year old who gave you two dollars. (*tears*) Isn't is amazing, to feel the love and support of such sweet people? We've had some similar stories of people who have just the kindest, most giving hearts.