Good morning.
It's 3 something am as I write this. Just feeling a little sleepless in Fort Myers. I'm up to my neck in post LOA government forms. At the moment it's the intimidating page 8 of the I-800 orphan immigration form. This paperwork is no more tedious than a lot of other stuff we've done but I'm just feeling weary of it. I would do a hundred complex forms to help save Gates and I have. I'm just SO ready to be done with this part! I want him home! It seems that every milestone is met with yet another wall. This one is a financial wall, but Jesus is always the gate!
I've admitted I'm tired of watching my baby wait so long. He is the one who suffers most. I'm not scared though and even if I were... so what? Feelings are a roller-coaster and not stable enough to base my actions on or set my mind to. I am truly thankful for the Lord's patience this morning. He loves us all so very much and he waits for each of us to come to him as if there were only one of us.
Bridger is clinging to Daddy even more than usual. He is aware that travel is closer and although we don't harp on the separation factor you can see his concern. His best buddy Ethan saw his parents off to the Philippines today to retrieve his little brother. My guess is that was the trigger to our four year old's anxiety along with the arrival of that pivotal LOA. Even after years here at home he still calls out most nights for the soothing words of reassurance that we are close. He woke up a little while ago asking for Daddy to come lay with him. Paul dragged himself out of bed and faithfully conformed his over 6ft frame to the edge of a twin bed and will spend the next several hours with little feet pushing on his stomach. When our child is awake so are we, when he calls we are there, when he seeks comfort we run to him. Our Savior has done the same for his children. Night after night. He is always there for me and His love never fails.
I'm not afraid, I welcome the next wall and the next because it is in my weakness that his strength is proven perfect. My Heavenly Father will never be separated from me. Not in the night... not ever. His assuring voice... his strong presence stops my trembling. He calms me with a powerful palm cradling my face and strong arms carrying me through places I could never navigate on my own, safely to the other side.
Gates continues to wait for reassurance in the night. He continues to wait for his Father's arms and soft whispery songs from Mamma to soothe him. But the same God who brought home his brother will bring him home too. One night soon Daddy won't be here with us but he will be there with Gates and Gates is lost. Gates is the priority for this family and so many in our community right now as we face the final walls together. The funds will be here on time. Jesus made a way for each one of us to be with our Father in Heaven. In that power we can rest assured that Gates will soon be with his Father too... just weeks from now.
This post may be difficult to receive in the bright light of a busy day but here in the night..., in the quiet house there is rest, In times like these, rest is a very big deal:-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment