Monday, April 6, 2009
Just thinking and smiling.
I was thinking about my Daddy Chuck today. He was my Grandpa and I miss him even after all these years. I think my best memories of him are of his crazy sense of humor. He danced around to aggravate my Nana when she was in the kitchen. He ate oysters and tabasco sauce in the carport at a little wooden folding table and all of us kids would watch him slurp and put on a show to gross us out and laugh until we couldn't stand up. On hot summer Sundays when the cousins were playing he would make us 'ice cream cones' that were big ole sour pickles chilled ice cold and wrapped half way up in a Bounty paper towel. I remember Sunday dinners we'd eat fried cat fish that the men had caught along with Daddy Chuck's hush puppies and grits with slaw. Us kids would lie outside in the grass looking at stars and watching fireflies. We could hear Lawrence Welk and Daddy Chuck telling off color stories with the grown ups from inside the house. I thank God for a family that loved me growing up and I'm so thankful for the chance to give memories to my children and one day their children that they will remember long after I'm with my Daddy Chuck and Jesus. Family is... the best way to grow up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment