Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Waiting Hurts.

We have so much to be grateful for! The how is unclear but the who is assured. God will accomplish what he set out to do for Gates and for us in this adoption. I cannot think about this today. I feel shaky and tired and I have to walk away from that glass wall that seperates me from my sick little baby boy. Only God can help him and only God can carry the weight of these delays. There is hope even when I can't feel it. This adoption experience brings you into such intimate places spiritually because you are so motivated and enthusiastic and there is NOTHING you can do about ANYTHING!Letting go the whole time the bonding has already begun with your child. I know that the people around me don't always know what to say. Religious catch phrases abound, "God's timing is perfect. (I know you aren't trying to tell me that God wants suffering, starving children to wait around a little longer?)Not MY God! He will not be defeated in battle! He will put this lonely one into a family! Victory is His and it is never his will that one of his little one's should perish. The world, the flesh and the adversary have enslaved this child in a bondage created by the bad choices and lousy circumstances of many people but God will not leave him and each of these precious ones is loved by God who would NEVER withold himself from them. I get that people hold lots of different theology but it doesn't take a scholar to understand, "Whosoever welcomes one of these little ones in my name welcomes me and him who sent me."-Jesus said that.

I will wait because it's all I can do. God will move mountains because that's what HE can do! Ain't nothin' easy as the old folks say. But an easy life has nothing to do with saving people. Five other families who I know with the same LID as us got LOA yesterday. That's what we're waiting on. LOA and a few thousand dollars to go with it then Daddy is on a plane to Bring Gates Home!

Thanks for your comments and for trying to help. We're in the painful part of this labor now and it's pretty much hang on with us or get out of the way... soon this adoption will end in the deliverance of a deserving child and the family who fights for him!

2 comments:

Sarah's proud Mama said...

Fighting with you, Friend. Storming the Gates of Heaven for YOUR SON to come home SOON!!!
Love,
Robin

Cheryl said...

Oh Karrie!
My heart aches with you!
I too am storming the heavens with you, for more deliverance from oppression so these wonderful children can come home!!!
I sadly, know how you feel. I can relate to your two posts oh so well...
One day at a time and many many prayers on their behalf lifted up. Keep claiming him as yours and therefore pray prayers of intercession over him- from now until forever. Pray for him, his health, his future, his heart when does meet daddy, pray like never before...pour it out as a a LOVE offering to God...
One day, we will rejoice over the completed work...