Monday, March 30, 2009

Gates Still Waits

In spite of the dedication and hard work of many very enthusiastic volunteers at our "Bring Gates Home" fundraising car wash and the good intentions of many caring people to attend, we got rained out in the third hour. The fact that this happened just one day after we got word that a grant application filed on Gates's behalf was rejected even after making it to the final phase review board didn't encourage us a lot. The reason was a lack of funding not that we were inelligible, there was a long letter about how qualified Gates is for this grant. Sigh. We've hit many a brick wall in this excrutiating process and God has made a way! Our God never changes and he never turns his back on an orphaned child. We are confident in Him who promised, "I will never leave you." We press on. As I type this our little boy is being put to bed in China. There is no kiss, no bedtime story and no prayers said over him as he puts another miserable day behind him. I long for the day when he wakes up to find his Daddy beside him and his lonliness in China behind him. I'm sorry little one that it's taking so long. I'm so sorry that when you wake up in the morning nothing will change. We won't give up. You can't give up!

1 comment:

Rosezilla (Tracie Walker) said...

Well, maybe we can't kiss him yet or read him a bedtime story, but we can certainly make sure he is prayed over... (Remember when it seemed Bridger would never get here? But he did, and he's so healthy and happy now. Soon, Karrie, I'm praying that it is soon. but we know it will be in God's perfect timing).