Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Life Lately.

It's been a very sad time as our family surrendered our precious Nana into the arms of Jesus this past week. We will miss her constantly. We are thankful that her love and life will last forever in those who continue on in this world and where she is in the place God prepared especially for her... even more beautiful than her beloved river property.

Bridger knew and loved Nana and has struggled with accepting her loss. Unfortunately, Gates did not have the opportunity to share many memories with her. I'm so glad he had his first Christmas with her just months ago though and we'd visited together several other times since he got home in July. I'm grateful for those pictures. Take lots of pictures people, and kiss and hug your family all that you can.

The little ones help distract the older ones from the abyss of grief we're all in together. Children need their schedules and their fresh air. It was a relief to take the boys to the park yesterday. Paul has been watching the phone for work and we just needed a change of scenery. Next stop, Lakes Park. Bridge and Gates climbed into car seats boasting of great plans. "I'm going to get on my bike and ride like the wind! I'm not going to stop riding until dark time."
Gates:"I'm not too."

True to their word the little cowboys saddled up and hit the trail. Their favorite dirt trail toward the back of the park, just down a piece from the fragrance garden. There are big hills and small hills, gravel to wipe out in and jagged rocks to bounce off of. To adult eyes it seems rather tame but to these little adventurers it's Everest.

May God help us to be bold and brave like our Sons are. As we face mountains, gravel pits and jagged rocks ourselves. Thankful that Our God Reigns.

No comments: